Saturday, February 18, 2012

First Post!

Rather than make some bloated post about why I started this blog, or a 5 page summary of my history with games, I’d rather just jump right into what’s been on my mind recently.  Since the announcement of yet another addition of D&D, I started thinking about what I would fix with the previous editions of the game.  It’s been a few weeks now, and I have come to some conclusions:
  • There are things I really like about all versions of D&D, though that  doesn’t mean I actually think that each is a good game.
  • There are better ideas coming from gamers than from the major RPG publishers.  Just a few hours looking at blogs on retro roleplaying proves this
  • I’m willing to give 5e or whatever they call it a try, but I won’t be running out and buying the books.  There are already too many great games available to play, many of them are free.
  • I want to start keeping track of some of the crazy ideas and house rules I come up with, and share them with others.


  • So the announcement of 5e has been a catalyst.  Let’s see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment