Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My next game

It's has been a long time since I have been involved in steady tabletop RPG group.  Too long.  So I have decided that for the first time in decades that I am going to start running a game of my own.  I don;t consider myself to be very creative, and I don't have a huge amount of time to devote to creating my own campaign setting and adventures.  Therefore, I decided that I want the game to revolve around classic D&D and AD&D modules. Originally I was just going to use 1st edition AD&D rules, or OSRIC since I know that not everyone has the 1st edition books.  But after looking at all of the retro clones that are now available for free, I think that there are better options than a vanilla 1e game.  Problem is, after reading through the retro clones, I think that I can do something equally as good myself.

So my next game is really going to be my game.  Does there really need to be another D&D retro clone?  No, but I feel like writing one anyway, because I have certain problems with the original game that other have not addressed in their games.  I'll be posting some thoughts on my house rules, and I'd love to hear some feedback.  In many cases I have a couple of solutions to a problem, but I haven't decided which way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment